Facilities & Accessibility
- Car park for over 20 cars – space for a 50-seater coach, but please contact LUCT in advance if significant numbers of visitors are expected.
- Viewing area below the car park, where you can overlook the Reserve from your car (this area has no pedestrian access and we ask people to stay within their vehicles, in order to minimise disturbance to wildlife).
- All of our 1.5 km of permissive footpaths are accessible by wheelchair and suitable for those with mobility issues.
- Permissive footpaths can be accessed at all times.
- There is wheelchair access to the Interpretation Building/Bird Hide, Tanfield Hide and Northern Viewing Screen. The first two buildings are generally open during normal daylight working hours and the latter at all times.
Dogs on short leads are welcome on most of the permissive footpaths (except to the Northern Viewing Screen). Please keep the area special by clearing up dog muck and taking it home with you!
- There are no toilets or refreshment areas on site.